Data Protection and Privacy
DGFX Studio respects the protection of the Personal Data of individuals and values the relationship we have with you. We are committed to accord Personal Data the due level of care as presented in our Personal Data Policies, and consistent with the Personal Data Protection Act 2021.
Our Personal Data Policies describe the types of Personal Data we may collect from you, how we may use that information, and to whom we may share it with. Our Personal Data Policies also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information you provide to us, including without limitation through this Website.
“Personal Data” in this Policy means data that can identify an individual.
A. Personal Data that we collect
The types of Personal Data that we collect about individuals include, but not limited to:
- Last 4 digits of NRIC number / FIN Number / Passport Number
- Bank Account Details
- Mobile Number
- Vehicle Number
- Personal Email Address
- Residential Address
- Residential Telephone Number
- Video and CCTV Footage
You may have provided the Personal Data to us personally or authorised other individuals to provide the Personal Data to us and consent (on your behalf) to our collection of your Personal Data from these individuals. These individuals could be your
superiors, employees, subordinates, colleagues, friends and your family members.
Where you give us Personal Data about other individuals, you confirm that you are authorised to disclose and consent, on their behalf, to the processing of such Personal Data for the purposes described in the section “Purposes for which we collect and use Personal Data”, or other purposes for which your consent has been permitted and obtained.
B. Purposes for which we collect and use Personal Data
We collect and use the Personal Data that you provide to us for the following purposes:
Vendor / Service Provider / Business Partner
- To conduct due diligence / background checks that are mandated by legislation
- For the purposes of the supply of products and services and support by vendors / service providers / business partners to DGFX Studio
- To keep vendors / service providers / business partners updated on changes to DGFX Studio
- To evaluate and to improve DGFX Studio’s products and services
- To evaluate the products and services provided by vendors / service providers / business partners to DGFX Studio
- To facilitate attendance at events / functions organised by DGFX Studio
- For purposes that are ancillary to or in furtherance of the above purposes e.g. ancillary to or in furtherance of facilitating attendance at events/functions organised by DGFX Studio, we will use your Personal Data to communicate with you concerning the invitation to the events / functions and inform you of updates on the events / functions and to seek your feedback or comments on your attendance of the events / functions.
- Evaluating your application to be an employee with us;
- Administering and managing your relationship as our employee, including secondments with or transfer to affiliates, related corporations or associated companies, and secondments with third party organisations;
- Dealing with and/or administering employment benefits and other employee welfare programs;
- Carrying out your instructions or responding to any enquiry given by you or on your behalf;
- Contacting you or communicating with you via various modes of communication such as voice call, text message or fax message, email or postal mail for the purposes of administering and managing your relationship with us;
- Complying with or as required by any request or direction of any governmental authority; or responding to requests for information from hospitals, embassies, public agencies, ministries, statutory boards or other similar authorities
- Any other purposes which DGFX Studio may inform you in writing from time to time, but for which DGFX Studio will seek your separate consent
- To conduct due diligence/background checks on job applicants
- To communicate with individuals who participate in competitions organised by DGFX Studio
- To communicate with award nominees and award winners for awards organised by DGFX Studio
- To facilitate attendance at events/functions organised by DGFX Studio
We only collect and use Personal Data for purposes which you have consented to and for which we have been authorised. If we need to use your Personal Data for any purpose which you have not previously consented to, we would seek your consent prior to using your Personal Data for the new purpose.
C. Disclosure, sharing and transfer of Personal Data
DGFX Studio does not sell or rent Personal Data that we collect from individuals, including our website visitors. In the course of or in connection with providing our products and services to our customers, we disclose, share and transfer Personal Data to the following parties for the following purposes:
- To our vendors / service providers / business partners for the purposes of providing products and services to our customers.
- To government and non-government authorities, agencies and/or regulators as required under law or under directions or orders from the government and non-government authorities, agencies and/or regulators for security, regulatory approvals or permits.
- To event organisers and service providers to facilitate the planning of events / functions that DGFX Studio organises or is involved in.
- The disclosure is required by law; or is necessary for any investigation or proceedings
- The purpose of such disclosure is clearly in your interests and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
- The disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual
We also disclose and transfer Personal Data to the following parties for the purposes of managing, operating, administering and running our business and for our business and legal purposes:
To our service providers (who may be located outside Singapore) that have been retained to perform services on our behalf or on behalf of DGFX Studio entities, including:
- Service providers who provide IT and outsourcing services such as data storage, electronic mail services, deployment of management operations for information technology and HR outsourcing services;
- Vendors, service providers and consultants that have been engaged to help manage, operate, administer and run DGFX Studio operations and business process or provide services to facilitate our provision of our products and services; and
DGFX Studio requires that the parties to whom we transfer Personal Data and our service providers implement adequate levels of protection in order to protect Personal Data. We also require that these parties only process Personal Data strictly for purposes for which we engage them for and consistent with the purposes that we have described in the section “Purposes for which we collect and use Personal Data” or with other purposes for which consent has been permitted and obtained.
In addition, we would disclose Personal Data in the following circumstances:
i we are required to do so by law or by the listing rules of Singapore Exchange Limited;
ii in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
iii to comply with a court order or direction from a government agency or regulatory authority ordering the disclosure of the Personal Data; and
iv where the disclosure is necessary for investigations or legal proceedings.
D. Administration and Management of Personal Data
DGFX Studio will take appropriate measures to keep your personal data accurate, complete and updated. We will also take reasonable efforts to take appropriate preventive measures to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be put in place to prevent any unauthorised access or misuse of your personal data.
We will similarly take reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal data in our possession is destroyed as soon as:
(i) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such data; and
(ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
E. Retention of your Personal Data
DGFX Studio only retains Personal Data for as long as the retention is required for the purposes for which we collected the Personal Data, the purposes described in this Policy and for our business and legal purposes. Generally, we do not retain Personal Data for a period of longer than 7 years after the original purposes for which the Personal Data was collected have ceased to be applicable, unless otherwise required by law, the listing rules of Singapore Exchange Limited or other mandatory directions by court or government authorities or for purposes of legal proceedings or other similar proceedings or investigations.
F. Updating or correcting your Personal Data
DGFX Studio takes reasonable measures to ensure that the Personal Data we collect about individuals are accurate and complete. For this reason, if there is any change or update in Personal Data, we would like to know about these changes or updates. If there is a need to correct any Personal Data of yours that we have, please write to us and provide us with the following details:
- Your name and an email address or mailing address at which we can contact you.
- The nature of our relationship with you.
- The Personal Data for which there has been a change, update or correction.
DGFX Studio will provide you with the relevant personal data within a reasonable time after the request has been made. A fee may be charged for handling the request and you will be notified in advance of this.
There may be circumstances where we will not update or correct Personal Data, including:
- The Personal Data is opinion data that is kept solely for an evaluative purpose; and
- The Personal Data is in documents related to a prosecution if all proceedings relating to the prosecution have not been completed.
As part of our effort to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your personal data, we will be continually reviewing our policies, procedures and processes.